The perfect pasta salad with an Italian twist
Pasta cooking time
Serves 4 to 6
For the Salad
- 1 Bag Felicetti Organic Farfalle
- 1 red pepper
- 4 oz of pancetta or bacon
- olive oil
- 1 leaf of Romaine lettuce
For the Light Pesto
- 5 leaves of Romaine lettuce
- 1 tbs almonds [peeled]
- 2 tbs Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch freshly grounded pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and drop the Farfalle Pasta in the water and cook as directed on the bag. When done, drain and put under cold running water and let cool to room temp.
- While the pasta is cooling you can cook the pancetta [or bacon], and make the pesto. Add the pancetta or bacon slices in a medium hot non-stick pan and let cook until crunchy. When crunchy let them drain on a paper towel.
- Light Pesto: put all the ingredients in the food processor [or blender], run it until everything is pureed. If the pesto is too thick, add a spoonful of fresh water.
- Prepare the Salad: put the pasta in a large bowl. Add the “Light Pesto” and mix gently. Prepare the red pepper. Cut it into 4 pieces, remove white parts and seeds. Cut it into narrow strips and add to bowl. Chop the romaine lettuce leaf in strip and add. Then crumble the pancetta or bacon in small pieces and drop over the salad and mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Before serving, drizzle some of your favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette to add some color!