From the fireplace of an ancient Italian family kitchen, a cup of old time flavors in a popular dish that’s easy to make!
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 can of Cranberry or Cannoli beans (*if you use dried beans, you will have to soak overnight and cook in water the next day to soften).
- 2 or 3 shallots or 1 cup of diced onions
- 1 pack Felicetti Organic Ditalini or Monograno Farro Ditalini
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the onions or shallots and stir with olive oil at medium low heat for 10 min in a pot. Raise the heat to medium high and add Chicken Stock. When it starts to boil, add the beans and let cook for 30 minutes if you use canned beans and 1 hour if you use dried beans. Salt to taste.
- Take 2 or 3 cups of the bean mix and but in a blender and mix to a cream texture.
- Add the ditalini in remaining soup and let it cook for 10 min.
- Add cream to the mix and serve hot.
- You can drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top of each serving and offer grated parmesan cheese and freshly grounded pepper if desired.